Re: [E-devel] E17 coding funds: Who wants to get paid to fix bugs and finish off todo items for E17?

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:56:35 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<raster@rasterman.com> wrote:

> Of all you guys out there - would you ant to get paid bounties for
> finishing off some TODO items for E17? for fixing certain bugs? Do
> you have the time lets say over the next coming month to work on this
> - in return for a little cash for your time and effort? who is up for
> it? I mean SERIOUS offers only - people who do have or can make the
> time and do have the skills to do the work?

The main reason I have not had time recently to do any E17 coding is due
to having a some paying work, work that will finish the initial time
consuming part (setup) soon, there will be some ongoing support work
coming out of this, but it wont take up much time.  After that I have
someone waiting to start negotiations for more of the same sort of
work, but they are prepared to wait for a while before I start.  This
work involves networking Linux and Windows, and I really prefer no not
have to deal with Windows much.

So, this came along at the perfect time for me, the pause between jobs,
where you can negotiate with me and convince me to give E17 top
priority for the next month or two.  I would rather code for E17 then
deal with Windows networking issues, so you have a head start.  B-)

What I was planing on doing was organising so that the paying work only
takes up two days out of the week, the rest being available for E17 and
other open source work.  I'm almost at that stage now.

> We have work that covers:
>
> Coding (new code)

Can do.

> Debugging (fix known bugs)

Can do.

> Artwork (draw us some icons bay-bee)

Maybe.  B-)

> Theme work (en-masse cleanups of the default theme - especially
> namespace for parts, groups and signal names)

Probably.