Re: [E-devel] e_border redraw help needed

Am Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:42:07 -0500
schrieb "Nathan Ingersoll" <ningerso@gmail.com>:

> Sounds like your composite manager is preventing E from receiving
> expose events (and maybe some other events) for its windows. The
> solution is not to force a redraw, but to find why these events are
> not being received.

ok I checked this case in more detail. A bit confusing is that there
are only window-damage(expose) events for the border area when it is not
shaded, when it is shaded no damage events are generated... The
composite part gets all its events from ecore, I put the handlers in
e_manager(since it has prototypes for allmost all handlers i needed:),
so it shouldn´t be possible that events are blocked.

Ahhhhhh, this moment I got it: there are no damage-extension events
send for the border area to tell the compositor to update that part..
I probably should read the damage-extension specification.

> xcomp has been working on a composite manager in CVS called bling,
> that might give you some hints to find the problem.

Thanks. I´ll have a look at that.