Re: [E-devel] [Evas] key_down events' params are not set with accented chars

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 18:11:55 +0200 Simon TRENY <simon.treny@free.fr> babbled:

> Sorry, there was an error in my test code, ->key is not set to NULL.
> But ->string and ->compose are still NULL, so the problem is still here.

compose will always be null as nothing fills it in yet (its intended for future
use with input systems like asian languages use). I can't say much about the
accented chars as i've never had a keyboard with them nor have i ever tried to
get them to work - but the string is a utf8 translation of whatever string x
say was just typed (as opposed to key symbol/name). x will provide the string
in some native locale and then ecore_x will translate to utf8. see
ecore_x_events.c - around line 199 - that uses XLookupString() to find the
"typed string" from the key event. then a convert from the current locale to
utf8 and report that as key_compose in ecore_x's event - then ecore_evas will
pass in the keyname, keysymbol and key_compose (key_compose becomes string). in
ecore_evas_x.c around line 468. either x is providing no string or the utf8
conversion is failing (maybe its not encoded properly as expected or
something). but that code hasnt changed recently :)