Re: [E-devel] Premul move -- decisions and such

On Jul 5, 2006, at 7:49 PM, jose_ogp@juno.com wrote:
<snip>

	This would allow evas to remain purely within the realm
of non-premul color space and have more-or-less the same results
with the xrender engine as with the software engine.

	The benefits of this would of course be that there would
be no "pain" on any of the current apps/libs using evas.
	The detriments are a klunky, slower, more limited rendering
model.
<snip>

I can understand the distaste for a klunky model, but has there been any profiling done to show just how much of a speed loss we're talking about with this implementation? From my perspective as purely an Evas user, I would FAR prefer to have no API changes and an insignificant performance hit than a huge API change, and an insignificant performance gain.

-Blake