[E-devel] E17 ghost windows

Hello folks,

After some careful inspection, I managed to stumble across a bug in
E17. The basic idea is that if a window is shown and hidden a lot and
quickly, E17 somehow loses track of it and it becomes a ghost window.

To illustrate this, I've attached a very simple test program, ghost.c,
that will show and hide the window periodically. Eventually, the
window becomes a ghost window.

This problem does not happen when using other window managers (at
least not with fluxbox, which is what I've tested with).

Ideas anyone?

--
Hisham Mardam Bey
MSc (Computer Science)