Re: [E-devel] EFL High Level documentation draft

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:31:56 -0700 Blake Barnett <shadoi@nanovoid.com> babbled:

> Excellent document!
>
> I know a professional editor that I'm going to have look it over.
> Here's one thing that's jumped out at me so far:
>
> The stack diagram on this[1] page is wrong, I understand that it's
> explained later as being fundamentally flawed, but even still, it's
> quite misleading.  It should look something like this (pardon my ascii):
> |                          Ewl				|
> |-----------------------------------------------|
> |                         Edje				|
> |-----------------------------------------------|
> |                      Embryo				|
> |-----------------------------------------------|
> |			|            Esmart		|
> |     Ecore	|-----------------------------|
> |			|       Epeg/Epsilon	|
> |-----------------------------------------------|
> |                          Evas				|
> |   X11 (also DirectFB, Cairo, etc.)	|
>
> [1] http://homepages.pathfinder.gr/kazanaki/contrib/ch02.html

actually no - it should look like this:

http://www.rasterman.com/files/efl.png
http://www.rasterman.com/files/efl.svg

if you must use a block diagram... but efl just doesn't fit into the marketing
stereotype block diagram. it is misleading and implies a lot of thingsthat are
just not the case. a lot of efl is pluggable, modular etc. at runtime and
compile time. a lot of deps are optional etc.