Re: [E-devel] E CVS: apps/e raster

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:30:43 +0200 "Jorge Luis Zapata Muga"
<jorgeluis.zapata@gmail.com> babbled:

> > I've already ported some loaders / savers from imlib2 to evas. But what
> > prevent me from adding more is that raster told me that the plugin system
> > would be changed.
>
> What/How would be changed?

not the raw plugin/module system but the actual image loading/saving api used.
right now its fairly simple 2 pass loading ( load header and decode data later
when needed). i want to expand i to accept parameters for regions of an image
to load (so you can load a sub-section of an image), define a pre-scaling
amount you need/want ( i ant to load image X but at 50% size) and if the loader
can optimize it by simply decoding less data (like epeg) it can. and ten
finally be able to define a dpi and "render dimensions" for vector data (svg,
ps, pdf etc.) and be able to more cleanly request # of pages in a file, get an
index of them etc. (svg, pdf, ps, tiff for exmple). this will make loaders MUCH
more complex, but also able to load more formats more efficiently. this is a
ental note for now - i doubt i will get the time any time soon, so port away at
xpms