Re: [E-devel] Premultiply or not

On 6/27/06, jose_ogp@juno.com <jose_ogp@juno.com> wrote:

        How about 2.5, with the extra addition of a simpler
mechanism for obtaining "non-premul grads" kinds of results
as suggested above (although you could do this by generating
the spectrum yourself in non-premul space, premul the result
and pass it to the grad api via the grad 'data_set' api func).
        One is then free to have libs which decide to have
interfaces with premul, or non-premul, or a combination,
as they see fit... and evas will be able to support them.

I would also suggest a set of conversion functions for performing the
premul conversion on non-premul image data. Something similar to what
is done for YUV conversion. Then we can provide some SIMD accelerated
versions, and simpilfy the API for the end user. With these additions,
I think the premul change becomes much more reasonable.