[E-devel] Fw: Evas and alpha premul color data

I'm forwarding the messages that Jose sent me because he seems to be
detected as a spammer by the ML service.

----- Forwarded Message -----

Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 00:40:32 GMT
From: "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com>
To_: simon.treny@free.fr
Subject: Re: [E-devel] Evas and alpha premul color data

> And I forgot to mention another problem I have in mind.
>
> For now, in edje, if you want to do a color transition from
> color1="255 0 0 255" to color2="0 255 0 0", you have to
> create 2 states, the first associated to color1, and the second
> to color2.
>
> With "alpha premul" colors, it will become (if I understand
> correctly): color1'="255 0 0 255" and color2'="0 0 0 0".
>
> So how Edje will guess it has to make a transition from red
> to green? Or we'll have to keep "normal" colors in edje, but
> it won't be coherent with the API of evas :/
>
> Simon

	Ummm, that's odd... Edje should not consider the color
0 255 0 0 as "green". It should be transparent - that's what
evas will do with such an input color.. if an obj's color has
alpha = 0, the obj is transparent.
	To transition to green one should set color2 to be,
green! ie. 0 255 0 255.

	If edje is doing otherwise then it has a bug, or
something funky :(

PS.
	No email that I send to the edev list is getting
thru since someone has taken it upon themselves to report
me as 'spam' to the spamblock service that the list uses.
I don't have the time or desire to screw around with things
like this so unfortunately I won't be sending anything to
that list as long as that keeps up :(