Re: [E-devel] Position of 'close' item in a window's ALT-right-click menu

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:53:08 +1000 Daniel Kasak <dkasak@nusconsulting.com.au>
babbled:

> Hi all.
>
> I have a suggestion for a usability improvement for the menu that
> appears when you ALT-right-click  a window.
>
> The 'close' item is at the very bottom. This is fine when your mouse is
> in a position high enough so that the entire menu can fit *under* the
> mouse. However if the menu gets displayed *above* the mouse, then the
> 'close' item is dangerously close to the mouse, making it very easy to
> accidentally close a window. I do realise that the bottom of the menu is
> a good logical place for the close item if you're grouping things by
> functionality. And yes I suppose if someone is holding ALT and
> right-clicking then they should have some idea of what to expect, but it
> still seems to take me by surprise sometimes. I note that the 'kill'
> item is positioned in a safe place :) Maybe the close item could be
> further up the menu a bit?

aah - indeed. i changed the menu code to pop up above the mouse if its an auto
popup - originally close was moved there to be less dangerous. you are right.