Re: [E-devel] taskbar patch -- indent and cleanup

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:59:16 -0500 "Sthithaprajna Garapaty"
<iamsthitha@gmail.com> babbled:

> Ok.. Added the other patch as well and made it work with the latest cvs
> Available here:
> http://war.interhact.net/~iamsthitha/junk/taskbar-0.0.5.tar.gz
>

> On 6/5/06, Morten Nilsen <morten@nilsen.com> wrote:
> >
> > > BTW: for those who asked to add this to the core modules..
> > > raster said the taskbar he wants in the core modules needs to look a lot
> > > more like the one in windows/gnome/etc
> > > This means: Buttons with labels on the right and multiple rows as the
> > > taskbar is sized vertically at the very least.
> >
> > I can't do it, but I think that is only a matter of some changes to the
> > edc
> >

> Turns out its not as easy. To make buttons, we need rectangular boxes for
> each icon. Taskbar uses the e_box widget which can only make square boxes.

wrong - e_box can do any sized box members - the way it is USED in ibox and
ibar means each one is a square of the same size though. you actually want to
be considering using a table... :)