Re: [E-devel] Ecore_X fullscreen support

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 16:59:55 -0400 dan sinclair <zero@perplexity.org> babbled:

> Hello,
>
> I've been fiddling with Ewl trying to add in a call to fullscreen a
> window but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. This might be because
> I'm using the wrong functions, I'm not sure.
>
> My current assumption is that when I set the FULLSCREEN hint the window
> will get big, move on top and drop its border, without me having to do
> any extra code. Is that assumption valid? Or do I need to set
> borderless, raise the window and resize to the size of the root window
> myself?

ecore_x_netwm_window_state_set() only works on an unmapped/unmanaged window.
ecore_x_netwm_state_request_send() is needed once a window is managed by a wm.
thats because that's the netwm standard - requesting a change after mapping is
different to before.