[E-devel] Ecore_X fullscreen support

Hello,

I've been fiddling with Ewl trying to add in a call to fullscreen a window but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. This might be because I'm using the wrong functions, I'm not sure.

My current assumption is that when I set the FULLSCREEN hint the window will get big, move on top and drop its border, without me having to do any extra code. Is that assumption valid? Or do I need to set borderless, raise the window and resize to the size of the root window myself?

I've tried to set the hint in two ways. The simpler is to just use: ecore_x_netwm_state_request_send((Ecore_X_Window)win->window,
                                 NULL, ECORE_X_WINDOW_STATE_FULLSCREEN,
                                 ECORE_X_WINDOW_STATE_FULLSCREEN, TRUE);

The more complicated you can see in: http://everburning.com/tmp/fullscreen.diff. (Yes, I know, my webserver is stupid, just view source to see it formatted correctly.) It seems like most applications just use ecore_evas_fullscreen, but this won't work for us as we use ecore_x and not ecore_evas.

Am I just doing something wrong here, or is something below Ewl not acting as it should be?

Thanks,
dan