Re: [E-devel] File manager for iRiver iFP player.

On 5/31/06, Daniel Kasak <dan@entropy.homelinux.org> wrote:
Hisham Mardam Bey wrote:

> You can also install Enhance, a library that allows you to design ETK
> applications using Glade.

This sounds very interesting. I've also seen mention of etk_server,
which will allow you to script things via many different languages, for
example Perl. Is this right?

Right you are. I just want to say that this does not completely
replace the need for bindings (yet). The only missing part right now
is getting complete event structures in your callbacks (code for it is
almost in place, just a matter of time).

I'm currently developing apps with Gtk2-Perl ( and making heavy use of
Glade ). I've also written 2 open-source projects to provide
MS-Access-type functionality - basically automating the process of
querying a database, setting widgets with values from the DB, handling
user updates, etc. You can see more info of the project at:
http://entropy.homelinux.org/axis_not_evil

If possible, I'd like to get Gtk2::Ex::DBI and Gtk2::Ex::Datasheet::DBI
ported to use ETK ... if possible. I'd at least like to try. This should
be possible, right? I'll keep an eye out for more news on etk_server.

It should be possible to do this. Enhance has not yet been "ported" to
etk-server, but I'm sure that if you would like to help with this, we
can get things sorted out.

--
Hisham Mardam Bey
MSc (Computer Science)