Re: [E-devel] File manager for iRiver iFP player.

Hisham Mardam Bey wrote:

You can also install Enhance, a library that allows you to design ETK
applications using Glade.

This sounds very interesting. I've also seen mention of etk_server, which will allow you to script things via many different languages, for example Perl. Is this right?

I'm currently developing apps with Gtk2-Perl ( and making heavy use of Glade ). I've also written 2 open-source projects to provide MS-Access-type functionality - basically automating the process of querying a database, setting widgets with values from the DB, handling user updates, etc. You can see more info of the project at: http://entropy.homelinux.org/axis_not_evil

If possible, I'd like to get Gtk2::Ex::DBI and Gtk2::Ex::Datasheet::DBI ported to use ETK ... if possible. I'd at least like to try. This should be possible, right? I'll keep an eye out for more news on etk_server.

Dan