Re: [E-devel] Re: E CVS: emu mej

On Sunday, 28 May 2006, at 12:39:48 (+1000),
David Seikel wrote:

> I have no spec-fu, so I would like to know what's going on here.
> Fair enough that the emu modules spec file needed to change, but why
> did every other module need to change as well?

Module spec files are auto-generated from a centralized template
because of the enormously repetitive nature of module spec files.  The
decision was made to blindly populate all subdirectories to
automatically incorporate new modules instead of requiring editing of
some centralized list every time new modules appear.  The downside to
this approach is that every module shares the same template, differing
only in module name and version.

Really, the only file that "changed" per se is
e_modules-TEMPLATE.spec.in in the e_modules/ directory, but in order
to support independent building of each module, the generated .spec.in
files are committed too.

So far it's no big deal; just one little %if block.  If that changes,
though, we may need to revisit the spec issue.

Michael

 "Feel your breath on my shoulder, and I know we couldn't get any
  closer.  I don't want to act tough; I just want to fall in love as
  we move into the night."        -- Peter Cetera and Crystal Bernard,
                                      "(I Wanna Take) Forever Tonight"