Re: [E-devel] opengl evas engine build error

Possibly related to this, I routinely use evas through some Ruby bindings to the library. I did this on an ecore/evas library I built from CVS a few months ago [possibly end of last year].

This weekend I updated my CVS copy of evas and rebuilt it, and apart from discovering some bugs in my code by upgrading ;-), I discoverd that I couldn't get gradients to look right.

After hacking around for a while I noticed that I had this problem with the hardware gl x11 drivers, not with the software ones. Thinking that the evas gradient code had been updated I started looking at the source to see if some calls changed or I needed to init more stuff, but nothing helped.

The evas GL X11 test programs show this as well. Comparing Test 15 of them from the software version against the hardware version shows the hardware version as just having plain rectangles, and the software version correct.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :-)
-
Robin

On 5/3/06, jose_ogp@juno.com < jose_ogp@juno.com> wrote:

> > I'm getting the following error when attempting to build evas:
> > evas_gl_gradient.c:37: error: conflicting types for
> > 'evas_gl_common_gradient_data_unset'
> > evas_gl_common.h:191: error: previous declaration of
> > 'evas_gl_common_gradient_data_unset' was here
> > evas_gl_gradient.c: In function
> > `_evas_gl_common_gradient_texture_build':
> > evas_gl_gradient.c:209: error: request for member `map'
> > in something not a structure or union
> > make[5]: *** [evas_gl_gradient.lo] Error 1
> >

> > I got around this with USE="-opengl" emerge evas, but I figured
> > I should bring it to everyone's attention.  ;)
> >
> > --
> > Mike Russo
> >

>   Yes, thanks. I will send the fix a bit later.
>
>    jose.

    Attached is a diff that should fix this..

    jose.