Re: [e-devel] various patches...

On 5/1/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:
On Mon, 1 May 2006 01:47:00 -0700 "David Sharp" <whereami@gmail.com> babbled:

> On 4/26/06, ilLogict <illogict@online.fr> wrote:
> >  Hello!
> >
> >  After a long time without e hacking (ah, school ;D), here are some
> > patches...
> > >e_config_screen_ratio_support.patch: the preview ratio in background
> >  and theme config windows will match your screen's: useful with
> >  widescreens :)
>
> this patch kinda sucks for multimon. the preview does not show a
> realistic view of the theme at all, since it is streched twice as wide
> as it would normally look. I suggest taking the size of one Xinerama
> screen (or zone in E), and using that. Also, I imagine it would look
> rather weird for anybody who has one screen above the other, since you
> have it with fixed height, and set the width based on the screen
> ratio. not sure what to do about this. Personally, I think it was
> better as it was.

well actually- i just fixed it to use the zone geom - the zone is the current
"screen" the dialog is on (or created on). the ratio is the important bit - and
well this will keep the ratio right for the "current" screen.

figures. I almost commented on it when I first saw the patch, but
didn't. I just updated tonight, and noticed it seemed to have gone in.
I will have to update again soon to get your fix.

d#

<snip>