Re: [E-devel] evas and ecore directfb disabled in spec...

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:18:43 -0400 "Ryan Little" <rlittle@gmail.com> babbled:

> Raster -
>  You recently changed the evas and ecore specs to disable directfb support
> explicitly, is this intentional? if so is there a reason why?

yes it is intentional. it is an unused/unneeded dependency. nothing actually
USES directfb as its primary display mechanism and the only cases i know if it
being used is for custom projects (media centres etc.). it is simply bad to
drag in dependencies we just don't need. people have complained e is "too hard
to build" because it needs too much - that is only because they insist on having
every feature enabled.