Re: [E-devel] bug in entrance default theme revisited

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:22:14 +0200 Peter Wehrfritz <peter.wehrfritz@web.de>
babbled:

> Morten Nilsen schrieb:
>
> > I just now started getting into how edje works, and thought I might
> > have an idea as to why this bug occurs, but I didn't..
> >
> > to me, it seems like items in a swallow don't get clipped by the
> > swallows opened area, because the edc seems to place the buttons at
> > the appropriate location for stacking to be correct..
> >
> > so, I think one of these two things are happening..
> >
> > - swallows don't clip their contents
>
> Yes, that's right, but AFAIK not the problem.

yes correct. is' not meant to clip swallowed items. the edje can clip the
swallow part and thus swallowed items will be clipped if thats the effect you
want - but in this case - as you said. it's not the problem :)

> > - the dynamically generated session buttons get stacked at the top level
> >
> > anyone able to shed some light on this matter?
> >
> I haven't take a look into the code of entrance, so perhaps I'm totally
> wrong. It seems to me that the container itself is swallowed in the
> part, so it lies in the right layer stack position, but the container
> elements aren't smart member of the container then they aren't layered
> with the container and "fly" over it.
>
> I think the problem would be solved when the elements would be smart
> member of the container. Either you do an
> evas_object_smart_member_add(element, container) after you have add them
> to the container or you change directly the esmart_container functions.
>
> I hope I could help you

it's a problem in esmart. :(