Re: [E-devel] Google Summer of Code

Ok thanks again for asking.
Anyway that won't prevent me from (trying to) participate in e17 ;p

Regards,

Virgile

Quoting "Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)" <raster@rasterman.com>:

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:02:23 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<raster@rasterman.com> babbled:

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 03:57:24 +0200 xen@kalimdor.org babbled:

> As a student, I would be greatly interested too. Looking forward to it !

as someone who would have to mentor - i'm dubious about it.

1. just having time and energy to do so is hard to find. i don't do e for a
living - i do it in spare hours in between.
2. i wouldn't want to put the effort in for something that didn't generate
something of good quality. if you ever WANT to be allowed to do this - you
need to prove to me (and other devs) that you can do execellent work.

so lets put it this way - who is interested and what do you want to do? what
CAN you do? i have a hitlist of things that need doing - but a lot of them
require a high degree of skill, autonomy and some good smarts.

if you are going to be PAID to code - it may as well be something that is too
hard for the average joe to do over a coffee break :)

and i got back an answer from google - not interested in sponsoring us for SOC
this year.

> Virgile
>
> Quoting dhk24@drexel.edu:
>
> > E Team,
> >
> > I remeber Last year there was interest in participating in GSOC by
> > the dev team but it never happended. I am wondering if it on the
> > table again this year ?
> >
> > Dan Kozlowski
> >
> > PS. http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html

> --
> Entropia : https://dev.kalimdor.org/entropia/

> This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language > that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast > and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!

???
Tokyo, Japan (?? ??)

???
Tokyo, Japan (?? ??)