[E-devel] What's needed to ween onefang off gwenview.

At the insistence of Linuxtitan I have had a look at ephoto to see what
it would need to get me to switch from my current photo viewer of
choice (gwenview).  Since I like to sit firmly on the fence, I have
applied exactly the same process to exhibit.  Hopefully this will
result in both being better, or at least in me switching to one of
them.  B-)

Entice was not considered because it has no directory browsing.  I'm
not aware of any other EFL photo viewers.

Exhibit doesn't have the same "arrange slideshow with images from
seperate directories" focus as ephoto.  On the other hand, neither does
my current photo viewer, so its not that important to me.  If it's
there I will probably make use of it though.  I have had stability
issues with both programs.

Ephoto -

Manual go back and forth within the slideshow, simple image viewer, and
presentation using arrow keys, space & backspace, home & end, etc.

Fit to screen, keeping the aspect ratio.  Currently it shrinks to
screen size any large images, but it won't enlarge small images.

Really fullscreen the images, no border.  In this mode, there would be
no buttons in presentation mode, just the image, and the user can use
keys to go back and forth.

A larger "list of images in this directory" area.  When I maximise the
window, the directory and image listing areas on the left stay the same
size.  I sometimes have thousands of images in a directory, it is
painful only being able to see three and a half of those at once.

A smaller settings area, maybe even moving it to a menu or config
dialog.

Better ability to deal with large image sets.  Adding whole
directories, rearranging the content, using drag and drop, multi
selecting images with shift or control click.

Exhibit -

Add space & backspace, home & end, etc. keys to the usage of arrow keys
to go back and forth within the images.  Allow going back and forth
with keystrokes even if the image list doesn't have focus.  This is
particularly important in fullscreen mode (see below).

Fit to screen, keeping the aspect ratio.  Currently it shrinks to
screen size any large images, but it won't enlarge small images.

A fullscreen mode, where the only thing on the screen is the current
image.

Allow configuration of the slideshow interval.  Anything up to one
minute will suit me, but other people may want more.