Re: [E-devel] Google Summer of Code

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 03:57:24 +0200 xen@kalimdor.org babbled:

> As a student, I would be greatly interested too. Looking forward to it !

as someone who would have to mentor - i'm dubious about it.

1. just having time and energy to do so is hard to find. i don't do e for a
living - i do it in spare hours in between.
2. i wouldn't want to put the effort in for something that didn't generate
something of good quality. if you ever WANT to be allowed to do this - you need
to prove to me (and other devs) that you can do execellent work.

so lets put it this way - who is interested and what do you want to do? what
CAN you do? i have a hitlist of things that need doing - but a lot of them
require a high degree of skill, autonomy and some good smarts.

if you are going to be PAID to code - it may as well be something that is too
hard for the average joe to do over a coffee break :)