Re: [E-devel] E17 sluggish?!

On 4/11/06, Andrew Williams <andy@handyande.co.uk> wrote:
> update all of your modules
> if you use "net" / "cpu" or "mem" then it is almost certainly fixed

Thanks Andrew and Brian for the reply. My modules are up-to-date. But
it was clearly these modules. When I unloaded them, my desktop was
given a boost in speed. :-) The culprits are "cpu" and "mem". For net,
iy has negligible effect .

It is said that it's fixed but even modules pulled out today make my
box sluggish. No more loading of these for me for the time being.

Brian Mattern wrote:
> Also, after running overnight, do you actually have to reboot the entire
> system or just restart e17 / X?

Sorry. I meant restart X.

---
With kind regards,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.