Re: [E-devel] Efl High level documentation

On 12/04/06, Kostis Kapelonis <kkapelon@freemail.gr> wrote:
[...]
> > > However there is not any high level documentation.
> > > I mean documentation which describes the concepts of efl.
> > > Most people think (I may be mistaken) that efl is another
> > > toolkit like gtk+ or qt. Of course this is not true.
[...]
> > I would be very interested in this sort of documentation.  I would also
> > be interested in contributing what I know.  Have you seen the edje book
> > and similar things?
> >
> > The big problem is the that things are still changing too much for any
> > big picture stuff to stay relevant for long.  The big picture for how
> > modules work for instance, it's gonna undergo a radical change any
> > minute now.  So any high level documentation will have to track some
> > rapidly moving targets.
[...]
> I would be happy to help out with something like this, but don't have the time
> to lead / manage anything at the moment (and would definitely rather spend
> most of what time I do have coding) . I'm not sure who would be best for the
> job. Someone with enough EFL coding experience to understand the intended
> design , but who also has free time and doesn't feel like coding? Not sure
> such a beast exists... :)

Ok then.
I will start some draft document with my ideas only.
As soon as I have something solid I will notify the list
in order to get feedback.

Keeping up with the rest of Efl documents I will use Docbook XML.

Kostis.

I guess it goes without saying, but another place to scour through for information is the mail archives for this list.
There are quite a few pearls of wisdom in there if you can find the time to go through them.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=enlightenment-devel&r=1&w=2

Regards!
David