Re: [E-devel] Super_L keybinding

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
well - for the same reason it doesn't let you bind alt or shift or control -
super and meta are modifier keys in x - they have special significance. sure -
you can technically bind them and it happens to work (alt and shift too) but
x's configuration is such that these keys AFFECT modifiers (like control, alt,
shift etc.) and have special use. it' is a rare case that you want to bind a
modifier itself (as this instantly removes its ability to be used as a modifier
basically)

True, it's rare, but it would be nice if we could support it. I noticed after sending that patch that you can no longer use the win key as a modifier. It would be nice to have both worlds, were it can be used as a modifier or used as just a binding, but I don't know if thats doable.

dan