Re: [E-devel] Efl High level documentation

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:20:15 +0300 kkapelon@freemail.gr wrote:

> I have seen the developer docs for Enlightenment.
> I know that they are behind the latest code and I am not going
> to moan about it. Programmers always like to write code more than
> docs.
>
> However there is not any high level documentation.
> I mean documentation which describes the concepts of efl.
> Most people think (I may be mistaken) that efl is another
> toolkit like gtk+ or qt. Of course this is not true.
>
> The most important points are in my opinion the fact that evas
> knows the "state" of the canvas and the fact that making an
> application edje themable completely separates logic (code) with
> looks (theme).
>
> I think that this kind of documentation will draw interested
> programmers to efl who at the moment dismiss it, thinking that they
> should stick with gtk+/qt.
>
> Is there any interest about this?
> I am asking because I would like to start this kind of documentation.

I would be very interested in this sort of documentation.  I would also
be interested in contributing what I know.  Have you seen the edje book
and similar things?

The big problem is the that things are still changing too much for any
big picture stuff to stay relevant for long.  The big picture for how
modules work for instance, it's gonna undergo a radical change any
minute now.  So any high level documentation will have to track some
rapidly moving targets.