Re: [E-devel] patch to reduce memory consumption of enlightenment caused by fontconfig

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:43:19 -0700 (PDT)
Andrei Lahun <zhirnyi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I made a patch for evas, now we load only first font
> which match criteria , not a full list returned by
> fontconfig , for example with current code if i load
> "Verdana" evas + fontconfig load total 37 fonts with
> patch only first one - Verdana.ttf

There is a problem with this. I know raster already commited the patch but the reason I load all fonts is to allow for font fallbacks.  With the latest patch I can no get font fallbacks (Chinese characters) to work.

Do you have any ideas for how to get fontconfig fallbacks and low memory footprint?

I suggest that if you want to load less fonts you configure fontconfig to not return so many fonts or you do not use fontconfig.

--
                        Stafford M. Horne
Senior Engineer                                 高级工程师

        (Website) http://shorne.homelinux.com/wordpress (网站)