Re: [E-devel] Evas and sub-pixel resolution

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 12:03 +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> a bit of a pipe dream as it's either
> 1. really expensive as you basically have to render N times more pixels and

Doesn't opengl support subpixel resolution?

What I'm trying to do is a Ken Burns type effect for a photo slideshow,
where it scales and pans the image slowly.  This is only possible using
subpixel positioning and scaling.  (Well, that is assuming I don't want
it to look corny :))

Even if this feature was only available with opengl, I might be able to
live with that. :)  But I suspect this basically involves opening evas's
skull and massaging its brain with sandpaper: I might get it to work,
but it'd be a miracle if I don't give evas seizures and terminal brain
damage.

> then down-scale (you can do this.. but putting a buffer canvas IN an image
> object and place the image object in a parent buffer canvas and just have there
> image object scale the buffer canvas down - i actually use this for
> thumbnailing etc.)

Hmm, interesting hack.  But wouldn't it require double scaling?  You
imply I'd only need to scale with the image object that contained the
buffer canvas, but in order to mimick subpixel resolution wouldn't I
need to scale the image object inside the buffer canvas as _well_ as the
one holding the buffer canvas?

That does sound pretty expensive.  Probably too expensive for a realtime
Ken Burns effect.  But I'll play around with it.

Thanks,
Jason.