Re: [E-devel] discussion: new features of E. the choice of input language

Here is that script I use :

#!/bin/sh

f=`setxkbmap -print | grep xkb_symbols | awk '{printf $4}' | cut -d '+' -f 2`

if [ $f = "us" ]; then
  setxkbmap -model compaqik13 -layout ru -variant basic
elif [ $f = "us(basic)" ]; then
  setxkbmap -model compaqik13 -layout ru -variant basic
elif [ $f = "ru(basic)" ]; then
  setxkbmap -model compaqik13 -layout us -variant basic
fi

Basically what it does it set the keybord layout/variant and the type of
the keybord.

sn.