[Fwd: Re: [E-devel] FC5 & X.org X11R7 with entrance]

--- Begin Message ---
Didier Casse wrote:
On 4/2/06, Laurence Vanek <lvanek@charter.net> wrote:
Didier -

Found the problem.  I had a value set for DISPLAYMANAGER in
/etc/sysconfig/desktop file.  Once this was commented out I was able to
get enlightenment to start using gdm following the rest of your advice
in this thread.

I see. My /etc/sysconfig/desktop file is by default empty.

I suppose this should be on the users list but it does high-lite an
issue with entrance for Fedora Core 5 & its use of xorg 7.

Yeps.

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

Oringially, so was mine. I had made an entry when trying to set it up like I had with FC4. That was the clue for me as to what might be the different between our two system configs. If you look at the code in ~/.Xclients I think you can see why it didnt use the default WM (which was config as enlighenment).

I agree that eventually it would be more consistent for Fedora if in /usr.

--- End Message ---