Re: [E-devel] FC5 & X.org X11R7 with entrance

Didier Casse wrote:
On 4/2/06, Laurence Vanek <lvanek@charter.net> wrote:

Didier -

so would it be correct to assume you are bypassing entrance & starting
englightenment from gdm?

Yeps directly from GDM.

On my FC5 install the switch desktop tool doesnt do the job for
enlightenment, although it seems to see it.

I would imagine that moving the pieces of X around in xorg 7 (moving it
to to /usr/bin) will screw up more than several things.

just type:

switchdesk enlightenment

assuming that you have the package:
switchdesk-4.0.8-4 installed.

It should work. Or else edit the files ~/.Xclients and
~/.Xclients-default manually. You should
alter the WMPATH to /usr/local in your case. :)

(didier@zeus:~)$ cat ~/.Xclients-default
#!/bin/bash
# (c) 2000 Red Hat, Inc.

WM="enlightenment"
WMPATH="/usr/bin /usr/X11R6/bin /usr/local/bin"

for p in $WMPATH ; do
   [ -x $p/$WM ] && exec $p/$WM
done

exit 1

(didier@zeus:~)$ cat ~/.Xclients
#! /bin/bash

# Created by Red Hat Desktop Switcher

if [ -e "$HOME/.Xclients-$HOSTNAME$DISPLAY" ]; then
    exec $HOME/.Xclients-$HOSTNAME$DISPLAY
else
    exec $HOME/.Xclients-default
fi

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

attempting to switch desktops as you suggest (logged in a usr) I get:

=======
Red Hat Linux switchdesk 4.0
Copyright (C) 1999-2004 Red Hat, Inc
Redistributable under the terms of the GNU General Public License
ERROR: Enlightenment is not installed on your machine! to install Enlightenment, please type
yum install "enlightenment"
=======

I have /usr/local/bin in my path & I do have enlightenment installed.

All CVS EFL & E built without errors.

Would be nice to be able to actually run e17 :-)