Re: [E-devel] FC5 & X.org X11R7 with entrance

On 4/2/06, Laurence Vanek <lvanek@charter.net> wrote:

> Didier -
>
> so would it be correct to assume you are bypassing entrance & starting
> englightenment from gdm?

Yeps directly from GDM.

> On my FC5 install the switch desktop tool doesnt do the job for
> enlightenment, although it seems to see it.
>
> I would imagine that moving the pieces of X around in xorg 7 (moving it
> to to /usr/bin) will screw up more than several things.

just type:

switchdesk enlightenment

assuming that you have the package:
switchdesk-4.0.8-4 installed.

It should work. Or else edit the files ~/.Xclients and
~/.Xclients-default manually. You should
alter the WMPATH to /usr/local in your case. :)

(didier@zeus:~)$ cat ~/.Xclients-default
#!/bin/bash
# (c) 2000 Red Hat, Inc.

WM="enlightenment"
WMPATH="/usr/bin /usr/X11R6/bin /usr/local/bin"

for p in $WMPATH ; do
   [ -x $p/$WM ] && exec $p/$WM
done

exit 1

(didier@zeus:~)$ cat ~/.Xclients
#! /bin/bash

# Created by Red Hat Desktop Switcher

if [ -e "$HOME/.Xclients-$HOSTNAME$DISPLAY" ]; then
    exec $HOME/.Xclients-$HOSTNAME$DISPLAY
else
    exec $HOME/.Xclients-default
fi

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.