Re: [E-devel] Re: E CVS: libs/emotion mej

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Michael Jennings wrote:

> On Thursday, 30 March 2006, at 08:36:11 (+0200),
> Vincent Torri wrote:
>
> > I don't know much about the name of rpm packages, but right now,
> > emotion can use gstreamer 0.10, and I think that the plugin package
> > should be something like:
> >
> > gstreamer-plugins-base
> >
> > Can you check that ?
>
> The suffix -base isn't used very often; in fact, I can't think of any
> right now off the top of my head.  What I've seen used is "-common".
>
> The values I added were accurate for cAos and should work with any
> reasonably compliant RPM-based distro.  (The -devel packages should
> require any base libraries they need for building.)
>
> Is there something specific you ran into trouble with?

Not really (I don't use rpm), but :
 * for gst 0.8, the name of the cvs dir is gst-plugins
 * for gst 0.10, the name of the cvs dir is gst-plugins-base

(for the required part)

so, maybe the names of he rpm must be changed too. I've search a bit on
the gstreamer web site, and i've found that they have a repository for FC5
rpm :

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/pkg/fedora/5/0.10/i386/gst/

They are using gstreamer-plugins-base for the name.

Vincent