Re: [E-devel] Re: E CVS: libs/emotion mej

On 3/30/06, Michael Jennings <e-devel@kainx.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 March 2006, at 08:36:11 (+0200),
> Vincent Torri wrote:
>
> > I don't know much about the name of rpm packages, but right now,
> > emotion can use gstreamer 0.10, and I think that the plugin package
> > should be something like:
> >
> > gstreamer-plugins-base
> >
> > Can you check that ?
>
> The suffix -base isn't used very often; in fact, I can't think of any
> right now off the top of my head.  What I've seen used is "-common".
>
> The values I added were accurate for cAos and should work with any
> reasonably compliant RPM-based distro.  (The -devel packages should
> require any base libraries they need for building.)

I confirm/support that statement as far as RPM-based distro are concerned.

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.