Re: [E-devel] ATTN: Core Developers

On 3/30/06, Christopher Michael <devilhorns@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello mates,
>
> I'm writting you today under counsel from another core dev who shall
> remain nameless for now, concerning the possiblity of granting (irc)
> kiwi_  developer access so that he may add his dEvian module, and a few
> more up-coming modules, to cvs under e_modules.
>
> Please consider this email the "opening of the floor" if you will, for
> comments and/or concerns either for or against granting him dev access.
> If you are inclined to vote no, please state a brief reason.

I am ok with this too. Adding kiwi_ does not mean he's going to mess
around with cvs just like that. As is the case with any dev, they have
all started with a personal project or something small and made their
way up the ladder. As a start, kiwi_ would work on his project and if
he wants to do anything else then asking other devs about the
correctness of his work is something that can be done prior to blind
commits. Lets not forget that we are using CVS, so even if someting
does go wrong, we can always roll it back.

--
Hisham Mardam Bey
MSc (Computer Science)