Re: [E-devel] Requirements for a mirror of anon CVS

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:21:49 -0600 "Nathan Ingersoll" <ningerso@gmail.com>
babbled:

> On 3/29/06, Blake B. <shadoi@nanovoid.com> wrote:
> >
> > It was also the only AND preferred mirror.  I think we could
> > distribute that load fairly well with 4 or 5 mirrors.  A good way to
> > load balance them would be awesome.  I don't think IPVS would work,
> > and DNS round-robin is too tricky with possible synchronization
> > issues.  Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Horms may have some suggestions with his SuperSparrow work.

that requires us running our own dns servers as the dns returns are based on network locality (ie a database that has all the ip blocks known about and where they are and it directs you to the closest one via dns).