Re: [E-devel] Requirements for a mirror of anon CVS

On Mar 28, 2006, at 7:03 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:55:09 -0800 Ben Ford <ben@kalifornia.com> babbled:

How much bandwidth would it take to run a mirror?  My university LUG
has plenty of disk space, but I'd need to get permission from IT
before we start pushing out gigs and gigs of traffic.

bargain on many GB/day - thinktux was doing 25GB/day.

It was also the only AND preferred mirror. I think we could distribute that load fairly well with 4 or 5 mirrors. A good way to load balance them would be awesome. I don't think IPVS would work, and DNS round-robin is too tricky with possible synchronization issues. Anyone have any ideas?

-Blake