Re: [E-devel] FC5 & anon CVS build of Eterm

On 3/28/06, Laurence Vanek <lvanek@charter.net> wrote:

> I followed Nathan's advice and exported the flag from my .bash_profile
> file and I was able to build Eterm again in FC5 (as I had with FC4).
> Forgot I had done that in the past (getting old).  Still dont understand
> this but hey it works.

Libast installs a libast.m4 file for some extra macros to extend
autotools. Eterm uses the macros in that file in it's configure.in. By
default autotools is installed in /usr, so it uses /usr/share/aclocal
to hold it's m4 files. Since libast is getting installed in
/usr/local, it installs its m4 file relative to that path too, so
/usr/local/share/aclocal, but this isn't a location /usr/bin/aclocal
looks in by default. The export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I
/usr/local/share/aclocal" tells aclocal to also look in that directory
for m4 files it needs to include in it's macro definitions.

Hope that clears it up.
Nathan