Re: [E-devel] FC5 & build from anon CVS - some feedback

Laurence Vanek wrote:
> the error "cannot load libedje.so" is a pebkac issue. ie:
>
>> edje_cc: error while loading shared libraries: libedje.so.0: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> that is the dynamic RUNTIME linker saying it cant find libedje.so.0 - the edje library file. this has nothing to do at all with the build scripts autoconf, or the source code in cvs. this is entirely your management of your system. your runtime linker (ld.so) cannot find a lib you need. that will be because either:
>>
>> 1. is is not in the list of paths specified by $LD_LBRARY_PATH
>> 2. is not in a dir listed in /etc/ld.so.conf AND ldconfig has been re-run to re-populate the cache file
>> 3. is not in /lib or /usr/lib (which are standard places to always look).
>>
>> if you have used some weird prefix to install things - it is your job to tell you systems' dynamic loader where to find such libraries to things will work. :)
>>

> I have found the suspect library installed thus:
>
> [root@localhost lib]# pwd
> /usr/local/lib
> [root@localhost lib]# ls -al libedje*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 535000 Mar 26 15:28 libedje.a
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1671 Mar 26 15:28 libedje.la
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Mar 26 15:28 libedje.so -> libedje.so.0.5.0
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Mar 26 15:28 libedje.so.0 -> libedje.so.0.5.0
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 392339 Mar 26 15:28 libedje.so.0.5.0
>

> /usr/local/lib is in my ld.so.conf file & ldconfig was run & no I dont
> any weird prefex defined to install e17 stuff (using default /usr/local).
>
> I will give it another go. Thanks for the advice.

SOLVED:

as it says on get-e.org:

"Note that you'll need to run ldconfig as root after every library that
you install to the custom directory that you specified in /etc/ld.so.conf!"

Apparently, I missed one.

all 15 libs shown on get-e.org build on this fairly virgin Fedora Core 5
installation.

(you were correct Raster, it was me)

Now on to the apps.