Re: Fwd: Re: [E-devel] Memory pool management

On Thursday 23 March 2006 03:30, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:03:51 +0100 Cedric <cedric.bail@free.fr> babbled:
> > On Wednesday 22 March 2006 01:03, you wrote:
> > > Looking forward to your benchmarks.
> >
> > I have access to another computer (P4 3.2Ghz) and made another attempt
> > to benchmark every thing. I run enlightenment with callgrind and
> > cachegrind tools from valgrind.
> >
> > The scenario was:
> > 	- Starting enlightenment
> > 	- Display the main menu (click on the desktop)
> > 	- Display all it's sub menu
> > 	- Click enlightenment About menu
> > 	- Then exist from the about box
> > 	- Display the main menu again
> > 	- Exit from enlightenment
> >
> > I was able to run it completely with callgrind, but with cachegrind I
> >  wasn't able to run it without ememoa. The main menu never show up, I
> > don't understand why.

Well, I downloaded the last tarball from freedesktop and recompile
everything with -O3 -finline-functions -DNDEBUG and I was able to run the
scenario without problem. It change the profiling quite a bit. I now see
more than 200 000 mallocs call in eet_open with this update  and without
ememoa ! The second one is inside freetype and them came
eet_data_get_string.
 Don't know why eet_open increased so much.

> > I put both cachegrind and callgrind output file at
> > http://chac.le-poulpe.net/~cedric/ememoa/ (well, the cachegrind without
> > ememoa, is just for information, and not really usefull).
>
> 403 - forbidden :(

Oups, I reupload them and checked the right this time :)