Re: [E-devel] Eloquence

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:33:26 -0500
Mike Russo <miker@readq.com> wrote:

> phriedrich wrote:
> > I think this would be a good idea. Stable snapshots of the modules on
> > get-e.org and the devel-versions on CVS.
> > But nevertheless, I'd also mention CVS-only modules on get-e.org, just
> > because a list of all our great modules would look more impressive.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Friedrich
> >
> Hey dude -- yes eloquence has been working quite well for me now. It
> seems to work best with amarok (it stopped working with audacious so i
> just said fuck it and emerged amarok).
I had several problems with both Audacious and bmp (both gtk2 clones of
xmms) because they use the same commands but didn't respind in the right
way, for example I had to use
  xmms_remote_get_playlist_file
in audacious to get the same result of
  xmms_remote_get_playlist_title
for xmms which was clearly a problem of audacious but nobody cared about.
It nearly drives me mad when writing audacious and bmp support that they
are so buggy.

> There is one problem I noticed
> though -- right click and try to bring up the configuration dialog, and
> e will segfault and have to be restarted.
Which version of e and eloquence are you running? My e is about one week
olde (because of the CVS problems) but I had no problems at all.
Maybe cleaning away your ~/.e/e/config/default/*eloquence* helps.

>  I also reported a similar
> problem to the creator of the blokkie theme (try to bring up the
> configuration dialog for eloquence from the e module settings menu and e
> crashes completely with an invalid free()) but he did not get a fix in
> yet. :)
If it's really theme-dependend then the're could be an unclean part in
eloquence's config dialog, but as long as I can't reproduce it I can't do
anything effective.

Friedrich