Fwd: Re: [E-devel] Memory pool management

Oups, forgot devel list.

Subject: Re: [E-devel] Memory pool management
Date: Wednesday 22 March 2006 14:37
From: Cedric <cedric.bail@free.fr>
To: "Nathan Ingersoll" <ningerso@gmail.com>

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 01:03, you wrote:
> Looking forward to your benchmarks.

I have access to another computer (P4 3.2Ghz) and made another attempt to
benchmark every thing. I run enlightenment with callgrind and cachegrind
tools from valgrind.

The scenario was:
	- Starting enlightenment
	- Display the main menu (click on the desktop)
	- Display all it's sub menu
	- Click enlightenment About menu
	- Then exist from the about box
	- Display the main menu again
	- Exit from enlightenment

I was able to run it completely with callgrind, but with cachegrind I
 wasn't able to run it without ememoa. The main menu never show up, I don't
 understand why.

I put both cachegrind and callgrind output file at
http://chac.le-poulpe.net/~cedric/ememoa/ (well, the cachegrind without
ememoa, is just for information, and not really usefull).

Regards,
	Cedric