Re: [E-devel] Memory pool management

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 03:57, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> have you tested ememoa heavily? i'm getting assert failures with this
> small test program i whipped up to see if what you say about this
> speeding up things like displaying menus (which loads a lot of edje
> objects - thus a lot of eet activity). the program is attached, and i
> get:

<snip>

> i need to do some more digging... but i smell a bug (it works fine with
> eet before being patched).

Well I think I understand where the problem come from. As some part of the
mempool struct depend on configuration settings, the size allocated in
eet_lib didn't match the size used in ememoa. The easiest way to correct
this is to add to your CFLAGS, -DDEBUG (if you are using it for ememoa) and
-DHAVE_PTHREAD. It's clearly a design error that I didn't catch before, I
will take some time to find a better solution.

--
	Cedric