Re: [E-devel] Memory pool management

I think people are interested in this, but it's difficult to generate
enthusiasm without some numbers to show why this is worthwhile. Some
simple benchmarks to show how much improvement this has on common
cases, like lists, would be helpful.

Also, have you compared this against g_slice performance? They are
using a magazine allocator algorithm and have shown a 50% improvement
over standard malloc. The glib case also holds a warning when
implementing your own allocator, their previous "fast" allocator was
many times slower than standard malloc/free in most workloads. I think
we should establish some good measurements before pushing something
like this into common use.

Thanks,
Nathan