[E-devel] E17 fancy backgrounds use CPU during fullscreen apps/games

Hello peeps,

During the last two weeks, I have had very bad game performance when playing full screen games such as BZFlag and Enemy Territory. I honestly didn't know what was going on. Turning off all the settings to low and off in these games would still not allow me to play a decent game.

Every minute or two the games would freeze up for a second or two and became very annoying.  :(  I thought my video card was a peace of junk.

120 MB Nvidia ....

AND THEN, IT HIT ME!

I changed my background in E to a regular Jpg file and all of a sudden these games started working like gems! Everything was perfect, smooth and with all the graphic options set to  high.

During Full screen  apps and games, I believe that fancy backgrounds should be paused to reduce CPU usage. Its not like you can see them anyway, so why not disable them until the full screen app exits?