Re: [E-devel] .eap files for modules

On 3/12/06, Stafford Horne <shorne@softhome.net> wrote:
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:00:05 +0900
"David Stevenson" <david.35472@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not that familiar with locale aliasing, but for me (on Debian) it
> doesn't seem to be useful atm. I see the code is looking for
> locale.aliasfiles, which I do have, but e doesn't read any of them. So
> when I try a
> -lang-set "japanese.euc"   I end up in the C locale.
> My locale.alias files are in
> /etc/locale.alias
> /usr/share/locale/locale.alias
> /usr/share/gettext/intl/locale.alias
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/locale.alias

You could get aliases picked up by adding the base directories to your messages path. Some day it would be nice if enlightenment could detect these during installation.

$ enlightenment_remote -dirs-list-append messages /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale
$ enlightenment_remote -dirs-list-append messages /usr/share/locale

Nice - that works! Much easier to remember "japanese" than "ja_JP.EUC-JP"

David