Re: [E-devel] font hinting

On Sunday 12 March 2006 15:19, Aleksej Struk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I a little bit confused with the last cvs. Before I sync my tree, I have
> font hinting working fine. I had all the 3 options : a) byte code b)
> automatic c) no hinting. After sync to the cvs, a cannot selectt option
> a) anymore.
>
> However, after taking a look into code, I notice, that
> evas_font_hinting_can_hint(.., EVAS_FONG_HINTING_BYTECODE) returns 0
> instead of 1. So, for me it seams, that basically evas cannot do this
> type of hinting on my machine? right ?
>
> So, can somebody explain, why it is so ?

Are you using a theme other than the default? Before yesterday, radio buttons
left it up to the theme to determine if they were selectable or not (so, with
winter for example, which doesn't handle disabled radio buttons yet, you
could select the bytecode interpreter even when evas thought you didn't have
it). I changed radio buttons to not accept clicks when disabled (regardless
of what the theme does).

See raster's reply for more about why _can_hint is returning false.
--
rephorm