Re: [E-devel] .eap files for modules

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:00:05 +0900
"David Stevenson" <david.35472@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not that familiar with locale aliasing, but for me (on Debian) it
> doesn't seem to be useful atm. I see the code is looking for
> locale.aliasfiles, which I do have, but e doesn't read any of them. So
> when I try a
> -lang-set "japanese.euc"   I end up in the C locale.
> My locale.alias files are in
> /etc/locale.alias
> /usr/share/locale/locale.alias
> /usr/share/gettext/intl/locale.alias
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/locale.alias

You could get aliases picked up by adding the base directories to your messages path. Some day it would be nice if enlightenment could detect these during installation.

$ enlightenment_remote -dirs-list-append messages /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale
$ enlightenment_remote -dirs-list-append messages /usr/share/locale

> If I had installed to /usr rather than /usr/local, it would have picked up
> the file in /usr/share/locale/ though it seems.
>
> So we would end up with:
> > * Get language from e_intl_language_get()
> > * Resolve any language aliases with e_intl_locale_alias_get()
> > * Get only the relevant parts from the locale
> > with  e_intl_locale_canonic_get()
> > * Store localized property
> >
> > What do you think?
>

> This would be more robust :-)
>
> Maybe I should cache the resolved alias for the current locale in e_intl.
>

> Indeed, we would be doing this every time we load a new e_app...

I will do that then. The cache will be removed whenever the "messages" path or the language is changed.

--
                        Stafford M. Horne
Senior Engineer                                 高级工程师

        (Website) http://shorne.homelinux.com/wordpress (网站)