Re: [E-devel] something strange in xrender evas_engine.c

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:58:33 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri
<Vincent.Torri@iecn.u-nancy.fr> babbled:

> hey,
>
> in evas_engine.c, I can see (line 151 and after)
>

>    if (!re->mask)
>      re->output = _xr_render_surface_adopt(re->xinf, re->win, e->output.w,
> e->output.h, re->destination_alpha);
>    else
>      re->output = _xr_render_surface_adopt(re->xinf, re->win, e->output.w,
> e->output.h, 0);
>
>    if (re->mask)
>      re->mask_output = _xr_render_surface_format_adopt(re->xinf, re->mask,
> 						       e->output.w,
> e->output.h,
> 						       re->xinf->fmt1, 1);
>    else
>      re->mask_output = NULL;
>
> that is 2 if/else on re->mask. What is the point of doing them ?

if re->mask is 0 (no destination mask target is given) BUT re->destination_alpha is 1 then we still want the destination buffer to have an alpha channel - this allows evas to render to argb windows and literally produce alpha channels xcomposite can use with compositing.